Is your phone compromised by a text message spy app?
Text message spy app
Are you concerned that someone is spying on your phone?
You probably know there are tons of cell phone spy software developed specifically to track phones that have been stolen or lost. These can be very useful when you lose your phone on a night out and can’t trace it.
If you’re looking for apps for tracking cell phones then check out the best Android spy software xFi Lite or best iPhone spy app Find My iPhone for iPhone users. A free spy phone app can be acquired and installed by anyone looking for one. These are capable of tracking a cell phone within seconds of activation.
Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on what side you stand), these apps may also be used to track others’ phones without their consent.
Why should it worry you if someone wants to spy on text messages on your phone?
The thing about spy apps is they are designed to do exactly that, to spy. This means they operate with stealth and are not easily noticeable by most smartphone users. They will operate under the radar and send information back to whoever is tracking your phone. While most spy apps are only capable of tracking your location, others that are more advanced are capable of tracking your emails and content, sites you visit, spy on text messages, your incoming and outgoing calls and photos/videos you take.
So can you tell if you’re a victim of phone spy?
Depending on the sophistication of the cell phone spy software, there are a number of symptoms that should get your spider-sense tingling.
Signs that your phone might be compromised
The first step is to look out for peculiar adjustments in your phone’s behavior. Does it abruptly light up when not being used, make arbitrary beeping noises, shut down by itself or show some other irregular behavior? All phones can do weird things once in a while but in the event that this has been going on for a long time it could be a sign that your phone is being accessed by hidden software.
- Low battery – some spy software apps can drain your phone’s battery pretty quickly. For instance, do you suddenly need to charge your phone more often even though your usage remains the same?
- Phone shuts down even when fully charged – while this may be a sign that it’s time you got your phone a new battery, it may also mean that someone is remotely controlling your cellphone.
- Background unusual noise – this may also be caused by bad connection but if it happens too often it could be an indication that your phone is being spied on. Look out for static, clicking, beeping or voices out of sight. The recording feature of the spy app could be at work.
- Receiving unusual texts – If you’re getting strange messages that are illegible and with unusual characters or look like they’re coded then chances are your phone has been compromised. The remote control feature of spy software works by sending mystery coded instant messages to your smartphone.
- Expanded data usage – have you seen an increase in your ordinary data usage? A percentage of the less dependable spy applications use additional information to send the data gathered from your telephone, so pay attention to any unexplained increase in your month to month data use. Once more, with the best spy software programs data usage has been diminished and won’t be easy to spot. However, poorly programmed spy on text messages apps will indicate noteworthy data usage.